How to submit a form electronically
ALL FORMS REQUIRE A FERPA PASSCODE. It must match the passcode listed in HokieSpa. If you do not have your own FERPA passcode, you will need to create one using the step-by-step guide. Please note that you will only need to create your passcode one time; you can use it throughout your academic career at Virginia Tech.
Most advising forms can be submitted online through DocuSign. Students can initiate these forms by clicking on the form in the list on this page and entering their name and email where prompted. Once a form is completed and signed, the form will use the information supplied to route it to the appropriate individuals via email for electronic signatures. There is no need to download the form and send it via email.
Forms not currently available through DocuSign are available in the list on this page as fillable PDFs that can then be emailed. Please follow these instructions when submitting PDF forms:
- Open the form you wish to complete; download and save the form before typing your responses.
- Complete and save the form.
- Open a new message in your VT email account.
- Forms must be sent through your VT email account.
- YOU MUST include your FERPA passcode in the body of your email.
- Digital signatures will be accepted, as will scanned signatures and/or email confirmation statements from VT email addresses (e.g., “I agree to the terms in the attached form; please accept this email as a signed DocuSignature.”).
- Send your completed form as an email attachment from your VT email account per the instructions on the form.
Forms you may need
- Academic Appeals Petition (PDF – form fillable)
- Authorization to Take Courses Abroad (PDF – form fillable)
- Authorization to Take Courses Elsewhere in the United States (DocuSign) Please refer to the transfer guide before submitting this request.
- Course Substitution Request for Majors (DocuSign)
- Course Substitution Request for Minors (DocuSign)
- Course Withdrawal Request (DocuSign)
- Credit Decline and Reinstatement (PDF – form fillable)
- Credit Overload Request (DocuSign)
- Late Force Add Request (DocuSign)
- Obsolete Credit Rule Evaluation (PDF – form fillable)
- Request to Change a Course to P/F or A-F (DocuSign)
- Request to Change Final Exam Time (DocuSign)
- Request to Change Minor (DocuSign)
- Request to Change Option/Concentration (DocuSign)
- Request to Change Second Major (DocuSign)
- Student Semester Withdrawal/Resignation Form (PDF – form fillable)
- Undergraduate Research & Independent Study Request (DocuSign)